Last night, we had family home evening with lots of people in our ward. Most of the teens have never had FHE because they don't have parents who are active in the church or parents who aren't members. Also, a boy named Alex is getting baptized Saturday (btw, I have to play my violin at his baptism grrrr) and the missionaries wanted him to see what family home evening was like. SOOO 7 teenagers came, the sister missionaries, and a couple with a new born baby. It was a BLAST! For song, we sang "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree" (a classic in my family) and, of course, my dad did Wadiliatchi. (For scouts who are reading this, you know what it is lol) It was extremely...embarrassing. The people here are very reserved, so because hyper and crazy was a bit ODD for them. For lesson, the sister missionaries TRIED to talk about the tree of life (to alex, mostly) but Sister Banister, being from Idaho (pretty much Utah) was too hyped up from Wadiliatchi that she just kept making jokes with Sister McGarvey. :) For activity, we played feather volleyball. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is played from hanging a long peice of string from one end of the room to the other. The teams are on both sides of the string, on their knees. The volleyball, is the feather. You try to get the feather to land on the ground on the opponents side, by blowing it over the string. :) It's very fun. We also played big booty. This game was even MORE odd for them to play because it's "improper" to play a game called Big Booty. :) But it was fun...for us at least...seeing them struggle to play Utah games. :)
Here is a video I took with everyone playing feather volleyball. For those of you who have read my last posts, about the sister missionaries, you all know how Sister McGarvey, the scotish one, can do a PERFECT imitation of an American accent by saying "Hi, I'm brook from the valley and it's really nice to be here...." I recorded her doing it! She says it around the middle of the video, so if you can, try to hear her talking in her scotish accent first before she does her american accent, so you can see the difference. She is in the left of the video, with a black shirt, black hair, and dark purple scarf. Sorry if you can't hear her doing her accent. Listen closely though! It's awesome!
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Omg this is so cool:) I love it!
ReplyDeleteKeep posting!!!:)
Try and get pics of your friends at school! I am so interested in that:)
Love it! That looks like fun. I've never played that, but now I'm going to teach it to all my grandkids. Thanks for posting that Anna!
ReplyDeleteI want pics of your friends from school too! AND I want more pics of those cute boys you played volleyball with. I want to see who has/could flirt with you at church.
ReplyDeleteLogan temple... classic. I hope to be sealed there someday... *love sigh*
ReplyDelete