School isn't going as great as it used to. I really clash with the people there. Everyone is very polite, even the teenagers. (Although they do have a major problem with swearing) All of you who know me, know that I just blurt things out and never think about what I say so I'm not exactly a "polite" or "formal" person. Their sense of humor is different. They find sarcasm very funny and simple things funny too. In Utah, the sense of humor is different everywhere, but sarcasm is only funny to us if the person using sarcasm is funny already.
The guys:
The guys at school try to act TOUGH. They think they are "cool" and "macho" but really, they're not. Why? Here's why....
The guys will only be mean to girls when they are in a group.
When they are one-on-one with a girl, they are shy and awkward but nice.
The girls:
None of the girls are really close to each other. Yes, they are in their groups, but no one exactly has a "best friend." The teen girls here stick to really boring topics suchs as classes, school work, the weather, the teachers, family, pets, etc. There aren't exactly any "fun, hyper" girls here.
I can't wait to come back to Utah, that's for sure. I miss all of you guys a lot and I get homesick every day. I try really really REALLY hard to be like them, but it's not exactly working. When I'm myself, they get confused, haha. They don't understand anything I say because they don't understand WHY I even said it. So I usually only speak when spoken to. (By the way, if you ever meet the queen or king/prince, you only speak to them if you're spoken to.)
Anyways, there's an update on school.
Love you all!
P.S. It's not called "the bathroom." It's called "the toilets." Isn't that rather impolite for a polite society? :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Anna, I love your blog! It is so informative. Thank you so much for putting the pictures on. I'm getting a much better idea of how life is for you. School must be hard and kind of weird! I'm sure it's much different for you than it is for your father. I really like your column about different words and things in England. I didn't know about all those differences. "The toilets" - yuck. That sure brings up a different picture in your mind, doesn't it? By the way, "bugger" means a man who is a pedophile. That's why it is so very bad to say that word in public. If you don't know what pedophile means, better look it up, I don't want to put it on the blog. I love you guys and really miss you! But I'd love to be having your experience. Try to just take it all in; you'll be home before you know it. Grandma sends you lots of love and kisses! Me too, Aunt DD
ReplyDelete