So some of my friends are coming to see us off at the airport. Anyone who wasn't planning on it, should start planning on it! :) I would love it if I could see all my friends before I leave. So if you can, COME! We leave December 30th.
1. Don't call your pants pants. You're referring to your underwear. :) In England, your pants are called TROUSERS and your underwear is called PANTS. 2. Don't ask for a cup of water, or else they will bring you a tiny cup that is about three inches tall with a saucer. Ask for a GLASS of water. 3. Don't say, "That was very mean/rude/stupid/dumb." Say, "That was very naughty." 4. Call almost everyone DAAAAAARLING. :) 5. Hoodies/any clothing item that has a hood, are not allowed in almost all stores in England because it is considered a gang sign and they want to see your face in case you steal something. (This sucks cause I love hoodies.) 6. NEVER EVER just say "yes" to a teacher. You MUST say "yes mamm" or "yes sir." 7. England is what I like to call "Skinny Land." 8. Juice=Squash 9. French Toast=Eggy Bread 10. When you greet someone, it's not "How are you?" It's "You alright?" 11. We say zero, they say null. 12. We say allowance, they say pocketmoney. 13. A LOT of people have bad teeth. If you have braces or if your teeth are white, you have a lot of money because dentists are extremely expensive here. Only few kids have braces. 14. We say a class, they say a lesson. 15. We say chips, they say crisps. 16. We say tennis shoes, they say trainers. 17. The humor in England is sarcasm. 18. "Cheers" is another way of saying thank you. 19. We say "how are you?" They say "you okay?" 20. I finally found a word to describe their food: mild. Their food is very boring with no...ZEST in it. Their sweets are NOT sweet and their meals don't have many spices in them. When they try American candy, they LOVE it. 21. I used to think American chocolate was good, but it's dirt compared to British chocolate. 22. The people here eat small portions. 23. We say the bathroom or the restroom, they say the toilets. 24. When we think someone is a really nice person, we say "oh they're so cool/nice/awesome!" They say "ahh she's lovely." 25. When we agree with someone, we say, "oh, me too!" They say "I like that as well!" We would say that too, but in Utah, we RARELY say as well. 26. "Brilliant" is a word used often. 27. "Sort if out" is a phrase used a lot also, which my dad likes to say a lot. :) 28. It is polite to take one serving only when eating at someone's house. 29. Great trifles here!
Ill come!
ReplyDeleteam or pm?
ReplyDelete