Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Almost over!!!

Wow, my stay here in England is almost over! In 6 days, I will be leaving my home in South Cerney to go to Stansted to stay the night. In 7 days, I am leaving the UK. In 8 days I will be back in Utah. In 9 days, I will be at Lagoon and seeing my ward friends again! :D

A LOT has happened since my last post. Here's an update. :)

A couple of weeks ago, my family and I spent a week in Germany. We went to Bamberg, Hameln, Rothenburg, and Ruette in Austria. Rothenburg was definitely my FAVORITE place.

Famous view of Rothenburg.

Rothenburg is mostly a tourist city. Not many people ACTUALLY live there. I guess I have to admit that the reason I liked Rothenburg the best is because of all the shopping. :) They had the CUTEST shops there, including the largest Christmas shop in the world. I forgot what the shop is called, haha.

Hameln is the city which The Pied Piper's fairy tale takes place. I got my very first German ice cream cone there. :) I have NEVER had such delicious ice cream in my entire life. Raspberry is definitely the best flavor.
Yum. :)

We spend a little time in Hannover. My mom went there to see her "aunt" that she has been communicating with for a few years. We had a translater there to help us communicate. :P
I enjoyed Germany a lot!
My aunt Janeen came for a visit last week, and went sight-seeing a lot with my mom. It was sooo fun to have her here!!
Last Saturday, our ward threw a party for the Americans leaving. It was super fun!
I gave a talk in church last Sunday, and next Sunday Rachel and I have to play our violin and flute. grrr..AGAIN!
Dad is working on his project with his team. It's due tomorrow. He and his team have done GREAT work so far. At the Royal Ag college, they hardly give out "exceptional" gradings. But they have given out a few for my dad's team! :D Go Dad! They said they have never seen such great work so far. :)
Mom is busy, trying to get ready to leave. :) Right now, she is rushing around the house trying to clean and pack things. :P
I got a DELICIOUS recipe for British shortbread. It's SO good. I'll have to post the recipe later. However, I think some of the ingredients are only in the UK. :(
Well, I can't wait to see everyone!!! It'll be exciting to be back home. :) I hope we get a lot of visits from everyone while I live in Logan.
Oh! I forgot to talk about that, haha.
We will most likely live in Logan for 6-12 months. Most likely 12. :( My dad has to go to USU for another term. But the house we're renting has a year contract, or something like that. We're not sure yet what we'll do after the rent is over. We may even try to get someone to take over our rent after 6 months, but most likely not.
When the year is over, my mom would like to live back in Davis County, so I think we'll try to either build a house or find one there. :) Cross your fingers!
*Numbers 26-29 have been added to the list of differences in Utah and England*

No comments:

Post a Comment